March 2014 Prayer Letter
In the late 1940’s, the U.S. Navy began construction on a war ship designed to carry 15,000 troops at a very high rate of speed for it’s time. “The USS United States, By 1952, construction on the SS United States was complete. The ship could travel at forty-four knots (about fifty-one miles per hours), and she could steam ten thousand miles without stopping for fuel or supplies. She could outrun any other ship and travel nonstop anywhere in the world in less than ten days. The SS United States was the fastest and most reliable troop carrier in the world.”
However, the USS United States was never used in battle! “Instead the SS United States became a luxury liner for presidents, heads of state and a variety of other celebrities who traveled on her during her seventeen years of service.”
Designed for battle; the USS United States never fulfilled the purpose for which she was made! As, I read this about the great war ship, I began to pray and beg God to never allow me to be comfortable doing what I was NOT created to do! Then, I thanked Him for giving me the privilege and commission to carry His gospel to South Africa!
Over the past month:
- I have preached in seventeen churches.
- We have traveled over 8,000 miles with my family presenting our burden for South Africa.
- We were also excited to see God working in the lives of others along the way!
- A church voted during the service to partner with us to reach South Africa with the gospel!
- Two young men at a church in Kentucky trusted Christ as their Saviour!
- A young man in Virginia surrendered his life to serve the Lord as a missionary to wherever God leads him!
We are living out God’s purpose for our lives and enjoying every moment!
I would ask you to continue to pray with us as we travel, present our burden for South Africa, and that God would continue to raise our support as we prepare to get to the field! Pray with us that God will raise up more laborers for His harvest, and that the Underwood family will continue to live out and fulfill the purpose in which we were created; reaching this world with the gospel!
Thank you for your love, prayers, and support for our family!
The Underwood Family,
Stephen, Ashlee, Peyton, and Eli