Well, we are still here. We found out just 10 days before we were supposed to fly that our flight was cancelled, and Argentina extended their border closure to American tourists until January 31st.
Some of the steps we have taken, and continue to take are: a request for a special exception from Argentina to complete the visa process here, and be able to fly before the borders open. We have also looked into other South American countries in order to begin some language learning. As we gather information about this possibility, we are also watching the possibilities of these countries closing borders to Americans as well.
In the mean time, I was privileged to preach in several churches last month and had a wonderful time of worship with some of the sweetest people! Ashlee and I are truly humbled by the love shown to us by so many. In the midst of COVID, the frustration of being delayed and all the uncertainty has been greatly reduced by God’s people being so gracious, understanding, and encouraging to our family.
Our home in Argentina is nearly set up. There will be just a few odds and ins we will need to purchase when we arrive. We have a vehicle waiting on us, and will need to purchase a second. However, we are excited and anticipating arriving as soon as possible.
Please pray that this will soon be over and passed as we do everything we possibly can to get to the field!
Thank you for your love, prayers, and support for our family!
Your Missionaries to Argentina,
Stephen, Ashlee, Peyton, Eli, and Neyland
The Underwood Family