I wanted to give a quick update and timeline on our attempts to arrive in Argentina. This year, along with everyone else, has been several road blocks and detours; however, we are continuing to research and exhaust every avenue we can to get to the field.
- March 31: original departure date, canceled
- July 15: Rescheduled departure, canceled
- Sept 20: President of Argentina extended border closure until Oct 30
- Oct 30ish: Argentina announced Nov 15ish they would open to neighboring countries and residents of Argentina only
- Nov: we researched the possibility to fly to Uruguay, ferry across the bay to Buenos Aires. Migraciones in Argentina said we would be turned away at the border.
- Nov 28: rescheduled flight for Dec 31st on word that borders would be open for tourism Dec 20
- Dec 20: Border closure extended until Jan 31, 2021
– We have expedited all documents needed to apply for visas.
– We have paid for FBI Background checks and apostille service twice.
– We were told by Argentina Migraciones that we could apply at the Atlanta Consulate for our visas.
– The Atlanta consulate requires a special exception by Migraciones in order to process visas from here.
– Migraciones will not except any paperwork, or requests concerning visas currently.
– We have been refunded our tickets for Dec 31 and are researching any other possibilities in order to leave ASAP…Though I have no idea when that will be at the moment.
Please continue praying with us that the Lord will open this door, so that we can get to the field He has put on our hearts.
I’m thankful for the opportunities that God has given me to preach and serve here during our time of waiting. I am working every avenue possible, studying, and continuing training. We, more than anyone else, desire to be on the mission field doing what God has called us to do! We desperately covet your prayers as we strive to get to the field!
Your Missionaries to Argentina,
Stephen, Ashlee, Peyton, Eli, and Neyland
The Underwood Family